Assistant in Nursing - St Michael's
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- comprehensive orientation program;
- ongoing training and opportunities for career growth; and
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses.
Located in the heart of the North Perth community, Aegis St Michael’s provides quality care and services for up to 102 residents in a homely and welcoming environment.
About The Role
We are looking for an Assistant in Nursing who is passionate about providing exceptional care to our residents on a Permanent Part-time basis to work a Mon-Fri from 0700-1515hrs shift.
As an integral part of the team you will:
- Work with other professionals to provide high quality, safe and effective personal care that aligns with individual resident choices and best practice.
- Assist residents to enjoy a quality lifestyle that includes assistance with Activities of Daily Living and meaningful activities.
- Assist residents with medication administration
- Provide assistance during meal time in line with Aegis’ Excellence in Dining strategy.
- Complete documentation based on Aegis requirements.
- Deliver excellent customer service to residents, their families and any other external parties.
- Be compassionate and have empathy with the aged.
- Able to work cooperatively within a team and with a wide range of people.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, with good organisation and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Use initiative and deal with unexpected situations.
- Positive and friendly personality with a passion for assisting our residents to maintain their quality of life.
- Certificate III in Aged Care (or higher/equivalent) or working towards nursing qualification.
- At least 1 year experience in aged care.
- Competent in Medication Administration or willing to work towards.
- Full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.