Assistant Cook - Shoreline
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- contributions towards your professional development.
Situated in the North Coogee community, Aegis Shoreline is a Residential Aged Care facility providing quality care and services for up to 238 residents in our brand new, modern, well-equipped environment.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of the team at our new Facility, Shoreline, as an Assistant Cook working on a Permanent Part-time basis.
As an important part of the Aegis team, you will:
- Effectively and efficiently manage the delivery of quality food and hospitality services for residents.
- Provide food services under the direction and supervision of the Cook/Chef Manager.
- Organise kitchen staff in the preparation and serving of meals during weekends.
- Prepare resident’s meals according to dietary plans and menus developed.
- Manage receipt of stores, and food storage according to the relevant regulations.
- Ensure correct food handling techniques are used at all times.
- Availability and flexibility to work weekdays and weekends for a variety of shifts.
- Experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers of people.
- A high level of food safety knowledge.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to supervise and organise staff to deliver high quality catering services.
- Be able to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment and independently as required.
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or equivalent).
- Aged Care experience will be highly regarded.
- Have empathy with the elderly.
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.