Assistant in Nursing - Shorehaven
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- competitive rates of pay;
- comprehensive orientation program;
- ongoing training and opportunities for career growth; and
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses.
Situated in the heart of the Alkimos community, Aegis Shorehaven is Aegis’ newest Residential Aged Care facility providing quality care and services for up to 134 residents in our brand new, modern, well-equipped environment.
About The Role
We are looking for Assistants in Nursing who are passionate about providing exceptional care to our residents. We have Permanent Part-time roles for various shifts across all days of the week.
As an integral part of the team you will:
- Work with other professionals to provide high quality, safe and effective personal care that aligns with individual resident choices and best practice.
- Assist residents to enjoy a quality lifestyle that includes assistance with Activities of Daily Living and meaningful activities.
- Assist residents with medication administration
- Provide assistance during meal time in line with Aegis’ Excellence in Dining strategy.
- Complete documentation based on Aegis requirements.
- Deliver excellent customer service to residents, their families and any other external parties.
- Be compassionate and have empathy with the aged.
- Able to work cooperatively within a team and with a wide range of people.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, with good organisation and time management skills.
- Strong problem solving ability.
- Use initiative and deal with unexpected situations.
- Positive and friendly personality with a passion for assisting our residents to maintain their quality of life.
- Certificate III in Aged Care (or higher/equivalent) or working towards nursing qualification.
- At least 1 year experience in aged care.
- Competent in Medication Administration or willing to work towards (desirable).
- Full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.