Registered Nurse - Sandstrom
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive rates of pay;
- Comprehensive orientation program;
- Ongoing training and opportunities for career growth; and
- Employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses.
Conveniently located opposite the Mount Lawley Train Station and superbly located amidst the stately federation homes of inner city Mt Lawley, Aegis Sandstrom offers a broad range of accommodation and lifestyle options for 48 residents.
About The Role
We are looking for a Aged Care Registered Nurse with dementia experience, who is passionate about providing exceptional care to our residents. We have a Permanent Part-Time role available to cover 4 AM shifts across the week.
As an integral part of the team you will:
- Provide high quality, safe and effective nursing care that aligns with individual resident preferences and best practice.
- Undertake clinical, social and self-care assessments.
- Ensure all care documentation is completed with appropriate strategies implemented.
- Anticipate residents’ changing health needs and initiate further assessments or referrals.
- Support residents and their families by addressing queries, comments, suggestions or concerns.
- Support, coach, monitor and mentor the unregulated care workers.
- Complete ACFI documentation and assessment processes.
- Provide support to the Clinical Nurse Manager and clinical expertise to the care team.
- Passionate about caring for the aged.
- Able to communicate with a wide range of external and internal stakeholders.
- Highly organised with strong planning skills.
- Able to identify and manage clinical risk in the aged care setting.
- Able to proactively lead, coach and develop care and lifestyle staff
- Flexible in responding to changing resident needs.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently within a team and independently.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Registered Nurse Div. 1 with current AHPRA registration.
- Clinical experience in aged care, preferably in a residential setting.
- Detailed knowledge and experience with ACFI assessments and documentation.
- Sound understanding of Aged Care Quality Standards and quality management systems.
- Full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
- Dementia experience
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.