Chef Manager - Balmoral
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive rates of pay;
- Ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth;
- Employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses;
- Contributions towards your professional development.
Located in the heart of the Como community, Aegis Balmoral provides quality care and services within a modern and welcoming environment for up to 214 residents.
About The Role
We are looking for a qualified and motivated Chef Manager to be part of our Balmoral residence on a Permanent Full-time basis, working 9.30am to 5.30pm, Monday to Friday.
Reporting to the Facility Manager and as an integral part of the team, you will:
- Be responsible for providing high quality catering service which will be a point of difference for residents and will enrich the lives of the people living with us.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and Aegis’ food safety plan.
- Manage the rostering of kitchen staff.
- Manage food ordering and storage according to relevant regulations.
- Ensure the efficient use of resources and maximise service offering within budget.
- Lead and coach all kitchen personnel, developing their skills and maximising potential.
- Experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers of people, preferably including vulnerable people.
- Proven experience to run a busy, high volume food service.
- Excellent food safety knowledge.
- Sound understanding of rostering.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, with strong problem solving skills.
- Customer service ethos with a focus on quality service.
- Passion for cooking and take pride providing high quality food and services.
- Aged Care experience will be highly regarded
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Please complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.