Lifestyle Coordinator/Therapy Assistant - Montgomery House
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic and self-driven individual to join our diverse Team. This is a Permanent Full-time dual role as a Lifestyle Coordinator/Therapy Assistant. A friendly and helpful disposition, together with your desire to provide and uphold excellent customer service to our Residents at all times, will see you excel in this role. Montgomery House is located in Mount Claremont and offering an exceptional level of luxury, this superb accommodation is matched equally with a unique care model where the environment encourages engagement, so residents are able to control – and choose – how they would like to spend their day.
About The Role
As an important part of the team your combined role will include;
As the Lifestyle Coordinator
- Developing and implementing comprehensive, meaningful and enjoyable lifestyle programs.
- Coordinating, supervising and participating in the daily delivery of lifestyle and therapy programs under the direction of the Facility Manager and Occupational Therapist.
- Participating in the admission process by promoting the Facility’s lifestyle programs, discuss Dining options and Food preferences with new residents, assist with settling into their room and orientation into the Facility.
- Act as a resource to uphold the Excellence in Dining principles and be the dining services liaison linking resident food services to ensure resident individualised requests are provided
- Manage lifestyle programs including intergenerational activities, bookings of activities and bus trips.
- Organise resident and relative meetings.
- Coordination of volunteers.
- Regularly attending dining services
- As required being available to attend to Residents’ and Families queries
As the Therapist Assistant
- Provide mobility and exercise programs to our residents under the direction and supervision of the Physiotherapist.
- Provide recreational and other therapeutic activity programs to our residents under the direction and supervision of the Occupational Therapist.
- Participate in the organisation and planning of therapy programs.
- Deliver a range of therapy based activity programs as directed.
- Complete accurate documentation in line with relevant guidelines.
- Accompany resident groups on outings
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth
- Employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses
- Contributions towards your professional development.
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for nearly 40 years. We are committed to excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences in WA. Aegis is our State's largest Residential Aged Care Provider employing over 3,500 staff.
Our culture of coaching and continuous improvement means not only will you get to work in a challenging and rewarding environment, but also within a company that fosters the growth of all its employees.
Requirements of the Role
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and coach staff to deliver quality lifestyle and therapy activities.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- A genuine interest in working with older people. and have empathy with the elderly
- A Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance or equivalent/higher or experience. (Desirable but not essential)
- Have experience in a similar role (Occupational Therapist Assistant or Physiotherapist Assistant)
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.