Chef Manager - Shoalwater
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive rates of pay;
- Comprehensive orientation program;
- Ongoing training and opportunities for career growth; and
- Employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses.
Situated in the suburb of Shoalwater which is nestled between Warnbro Sound & Shoalwater Bay, with Penguin Island close by. Aegis Shoalwater is a modern and well equipped Aged Care Facility that supports the care and lifestyle needs of 169 residents.
About The Role
We are looking for a qualified and motivated Chef Manager to be part of our Shoalwater residence on an initial 12 month contract (covering Parental leave) from Monday to Friday 76 hours per fortnight with the opportunity to transfer to another Aegis Facility at the conclusion of this Parental leave coverage.
Reporting to the Facility Manager and as an integral part of the team, you will:
- Be responsible for providing high quality catering service which will be a point of difference for residents and will enrich the lives of the people living with us.
- Ensure compliance with all regulations and Aegis’ food safety plan.
- Manage the rostering of kitchen staff.
- Manage food ordering and storage according to relevant regulations.
- Ensure the efficient use of resources and maximise service offering within budget.
- Lead and coach all kitchen personnel, developing their skills and maximising potential.
- Experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers of people, preferably including vulnerable people.
- Proven experience to run a busy, high volume food service.
- Excellent food safety knowledge.
- Sound understanding of rostering.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Proactive, with strong problem solving skills.
- Customer service ethos with a focus on quality service.
- Passion for cooking and take pride providing high quality food and services.
- Aged Care experience will be highly regarded
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Please complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.