Assistant in Nursing - SIGN ON BONUS! - Shoreline
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
Aegis can offer you:
- $500 sign-on bonus (Prorate less than 8 shifts per fortnight)
- $500 bonus upon successful completion of 6 months of service
- competitive rates of pay;
- comprehensive orientation program;
- ongoing training and opportunities for career development and growth;
- employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses.
Aegis Shoreline is in a truly unique location, adjacent to the beach and overlooking picturesque Cockburn Sound. Aegis Shoreline is a state-of-the-art Residential Aged Care facility providing resort lifestyle with quality care and services for up to 238 residents.
About The Role
We are looking for Assistants in Nursing who are passionate about providing exceptional care to our residents in a Permanent role, up to 10 shifts per fortnight, with flexibility by way of a selection of shifts across the day and week to choose from.
As an integral part of the team, you will:
- Work with other professionals to provide high quality, safe and effective personal care that aligns with individual resident choices and best practice.
- Assist residents with daily living activities such as showering, getting dressed, and toileting.
- Provide assistance during mealtime in line with Aegis’ Excellence in Dining strategy.
- Complete documentation based on Aegis requirements.
- Deliver excellent customer service to residents, their families and any other external parties.
- Able to use initiative and deal with unexpected situations.
- Be compassionate and have empathy with the aged.
- Able to work cooperatively within a team and with a wide range of people.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, with good organisation and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Use initiative and deal with unexpected situations.
- Positive and friendly personality with a passion for assisting our residents to maintain their quality of life.
- Certificate III in Aged Care (or higher/equivalent).
- Competent in Medication Administration or willing to work towards.
- Full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
- Evidence of COVID and Flu vaccinations.
How To Apply
- Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.
- For further information regarding this exciting opportunity, please email Carina.Pollock@aegiscare.com.au