Assistant Cook -Lincoln Park
Welcome to Aegis
Aegis has been providing quality care services to West Australians for over 30 years. We are committed to providing excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 residences.
We are committed to supporting our employees who provide a high standard of care to our residents and their families. As members of the Aegis team, we collectively hold these values as paramount:
- Positive Contribution
- Respect for ourselves and each other
- Integrity in our decisions and actions
- Dignity is a right of every person
- Excellence in everything we do.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Ongoing training and opportunities for development and career growth
- Employee discounts from a number of trusted businesses
- Contributions towards your professional development
Located in the heart of the Highgate community, Aegis Lincoln Park provides quality care services for up to 46 residents.
About The Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen to be a part of the team at our Lincoln Park Facility, as an Assistant Cook, This is a permanent Part-time role.
As an important part of the Aegis team, you will:
- Effectively and efficiently manage the delivery of quality food and hospitality services for residents.
- Provide food services under the direction and supervision of the Cook/Chef Manager.
- Organise kitchen staff in the preparation and serving of meals during weekends.
- Prepare resident’s meals according to dietary plans and menus developed.
- Manage receipt of stores, and food storage according to the relevant regulations.
- Ensure correct food handling techniques are used at all times.
- Availability and flexibility to work weekdays and weekends for a variety of shifts.
- Experience in food preparation and cooking for large numbers of people.
- A high level of food safety knowledge.
- Sound written and verbal communication skills.
- Able to supervise and organise staff to deliver high quality catering services.
- Be able to work effectively and efficiently within a team environment and independently as required.
- Hold a Certificate III in Commercial Cookery (or equivalent).
- Aged Care experience will be highly regarded.
- Have empathy with the elderly.
- Have full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.