Assistant in Nursing - Amherst
About The Role
Located within the heart of Canning Vale, Aegis Amherst caters for up to 133 residents. Providing high quality care services in a secure and friendly living environment, this newly purpose-built Facility supports our residents’ every need and enables choice in daily activities. We are seeking Assistant’s in Nursing who are passionate about providing exceptional care to our residents on a Permanent Part-time basis covering NIGHT shifts across the week.
As an integral part of the team, you will:
- Work with other professionals to provide high quality, safe and effective personal care that aligns with individual resident choices and best practice.
- Assist residents to enjoy a quality lifestyle that includes assistance with Activities of Daily Living and meaningful activities.
- Assist residents with medication administration.
- Provide assistance during mealtime in line with Aegis’ Excellence in Dining strategy.
- Complete documentation based on Aegis requirements.
- Deliver excellent customer service to residents, their families, and any other external parties.
The Aegis Aged Care Group has been providing quality care services to West Australians for nearly 40 years. We are committed to excellence through imagination and innovation, providing a quality life for those who live in one of our 28 Care Facilities in WA. Aegis is our State’s largest Residential Aged Care Provider employing over 3,500 staff.
Our culture of coaching and continuous improvement means not only will you get to work in a challenging and rewarding environment, but also within a company that fosters the growth of all employees.
While working at Aegis, we will provide you with a range of benefits including:
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Ongoing training and opportunities for career growth.
Requirements of the role
- Aged Care Experience (desirable)
- Certificate III in Aged Care (or higher/equivalent).
- Full Australian working rights and able to pass a national police clearance.
- Be flexible and available on short notice for varied shifts across all days the week.
- Be compassionate and have empathy with the aged.
- Able to work cooperatively within a team and with a wide range of people.
- High level of verbal and written communication skills.
- Proactive, with good organisation and time management skills.
- Strong problem-solving ability.
- Use initiative and deal with unexpected situations.
- Positive and friendly personality with a passion for assisting our residents to maintain their quality of life.
How To Apply
Complete the questions contained in the application below, then click Next to upload a copy of your CV.