Your application must include the following:
- A copy of your Resume/CV with the name and contact number of 2 work Referees;
- A Cover Letter;
- Copies of any relevant Certificates and Qualifications (if applicable).
Please scroll down to complete your application
What's on Offer?
Overview: Council is offering a Full Time Apprenticeship opportunity within the Barcaldine District. This is an exciting opportunity to gain work experience and be supported through a structured training program over a fixed term Training Contract to gain a Certificate III in Carpentry. This is an entry level position and suitable for individuals with limited work experience and limited qualifications. A genuine interest in civil construction and maintenance is essential.
Location: This position is based in Barcaldine.
Classification Level: Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream C) Award - State 2017, Order - Apprentice's' and Trainees' wages and Conditions (Excluding Certain Queensland Government Entities) 2003 and Barcaldine Regional Council Certified Agreement 2018
Wage: To be determined with the successful applicant + Superannuation (up to 12%) and relevant approved allowances
Payment of Wages: Council employees are paid fortnightly
Hours of work: 76 hours over 9 days with a rostered day off every fortnight
Leave: Five (5) weeks annual leave per annum + 17.5% loading. Fifteen (15) days Personal Leave (sick leave) per annum.
Equal Opportunity: Barcaldine Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and all suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Selection will be based on an Assessment of any Applicant's ability to demonstrate their successful past performance, or their perceived abilities to be able to successfully perform and deliver services, against the following: -
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and ability to learn a range of carpentry and maintenance activities under general supervision;
- Demonstrated a basic understanding, or ability to acquire knowledge of the basic requirements of carpentry and maintenance and plant/machinery operation;
- Demonstrated ability to provide friendly and professional customer service to internal and external clients;
- Demonstrated basic written and verbal communication skills and sound interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated a positive attitude and the ability to cooperatively work in a team environment;
- Demonstrated an understanding of how to maintain a safe working environment.
- Completion of a National Criminal History Check to Council’s satisfaction; and
- Completion of a Pre-employment Medical Examination to Council’s satisfaction.
How To Apply?
- Have your Resume/CV with 2 work Referees ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'
- You will then be prompted to attach your Resume, and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
For more Information please contact Human Resources on 07 4651 5614 or email email@example.com