Community Engagement Officer
Your application must include the following:
- A copy of your Resume/CV with the name and contact number of 2 work Referees;
- A Cover Letter;
- Answers to the selection criteria questions below
- Copies of any relevant Certificates and Qualifications (if applicable).
Please note: You will need to provide your response to the Selection Criteria (SC) questions as part of your application. Please have your responses to the SC (outlined below) ready to go as you will not be able to "save" your application to complete at a later time.
Closing date: Sunday, 20 June 2021 at 11:30 p.m.
Please scroll down to complete your application
What's on Offer?
Overview: An exciting opportunity has arisen for a smart and savvy individual with experience in event planning and coordination to join Council’s Community Engagement Team. With your passion to support and deliver community engagement campaigns, programs and events, you will help Council strengthen its role in engaging the Barcaldine Regional Council community. This position will provide support and assistance to the Community Engagement Coordinator to ensure that the operational objectives within the Events, Tourism and Communication functions are met. A background in Marketing, Events Management, Public Relations or Communications is essential to be successful in this role.
Location: This position is based in the Barcaldine Executive Office with regular travel across the Region.
Classification Level: Minimum Level 3.1 of the Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream A) Award - State 2017 - Division 2 - Section 1 and Barcaldine Regional Council Certified Agreement 2018
Wage: $63,310 per annum + Superannuation (up to 12%) and relevant approved allowances
Payment of Wages: Council employees are paid fortnightly
Hours of work: 72.5 hours over 9 days with a rostered day off every fortnight
Leave: Five (5) weeks annual leave per annum + 17.5% loading. Fifteen (15) days Personal Leave (sick leave) per annum.
Equal Opportunity: Barcaldine Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and all suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Selection will be based on an Assessment of any Applicant's ability to demonstrate their successful past performance, or their perceived abilities to be able to successfully perform and deliver services, against the following: -
- Demonstrated recent experience and a sound understanding of events and tourism and/or marketing and communication principles;
- Demonstrated the ability to provide efficient, friendly and professional customer service to internal and external clients with the willingness to go above and beyond;
- Demonstrated sound communication skills (written and verbal) and well developed interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated well developed self-management and time management skills with the ability to work independently;
- Demonstrated sound judgment and decision-making skills;
- Demonstrated experience working collaboratively and contributing positively in a team environment;
- Demonstrated proficiency in the operation of internal computer systems, software and experience with Microsoft Office Suite; and
- Demonstrated commitment to Workplace Health and Safety with a sound understanding of how to maintain a safe working environment.
- Completion of a National Criminal History Check to Council’s satisfaction; and
- Completion of a Pre-employment Medical Examination to Council’s satisfaction.
How To Apply?
- Have your Resume/CV with 2 work Referees ready to go.
- Have your answers to the SC above ready to go. (For tips on how to address Selection Criteria, please see “Information for Applicants” document on Council’s Employment Page).
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'
- You will then be prompted to attach your Resume, Cover Letter and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
For more Information please contact Human Resources, on 07 4651 5614 or email firstname.lastname@example.org