Plant Operator (Roller) - Alpha
Your application must include the following:
- A copy of your Resume/CV with the name and contact number of 2 work Referees;
- A Cover Letter;
- Copies of any relevant Certificates and Qualifications (if applicable)
Closing date: Wednesday, 16 June 2021 at 11:30 p.m.
Please scroll down to complete your application
What's on Offer?
Overview: Barcaldine Regional Council has a vacancy for an experienced Roller Operator to join the Construction team in Alpha. The successful applicant will preferably have a minimum of 2 Years experience operating Rollers. This role is offering an immediate start and will be ongoing for the right candidate.
Location: This position is based in Alpha with Regional work and travel as required.
Classification Level: Level 5 of the Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream B) Award - State 2017 - Division 2 - Section 5 and the Barcaldine Regional Council Certified Agreement 2018
Wage: $57,330 per annum + Superannuation and relevant approved allowances
Payment of Wages: Council employees are paid fortnightly
Hours of work: 76 hours over 9 days with a rostered day off every fortnight
Leave: Five (5) weeks annual leave per annum + 17.5% loading - Council has a mandatory Close Down over the Christmas and New Year period. Employees are required to take Annual Leave over this period.
Fifteen (15) days Personal Leave (sick leave) per annum.
Equal Opportunity: Barcaldine Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and all suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Selection will be based on an Assessment of any Applicant's ability to demonstrate their successful past performance, or their perceived abilities to be able to successfully perform and deliver services, against the following: -
- Demonstrated recent experience in operating plant/ vehicles in a safe and efficient manner;
- Demonstrated ability to safely and effectively participate in hazardous manual tasks and activities such as lifting, digging, shovelling and the use of powered tools;
- Demonstrated ability to work under limited supervision exercising initiative, judgement and enthusiasm;
- Demonstrated problem solving skills with the ability to think strategically and develop creative solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to provide a high level of customer service and possesses a general understanding of Quality Assurance and Environmental procedures;
- Demonstrated ability to cooperatively work in a team environment, contributing positively to team operations;
- Demonstrated effective communication skills (written and verbal), and well developed interpersonal skills; and
- Demonstrated a good understanding of how to maintain a safe working environment, and commitment to Workplace Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Completion of a National Criminal History Check to Council’s satisfaction; and
- Completion of a Pre-employment Medical Examination to Council’s satisfaction.
How To Apply?
- Have your Resume/CV with 2 work Referees ready to go.
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'
- You will then be prompted to attach your Resume, and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
For more information please contact Human Resources on 07 4651 5614 or email firstname.lastname@example.org