Workshop Supervisor - Alpha
Your application must include the following:
- A copy of your Resume/CV with the name and contact number of 2 work Referees;
- A Cover Letter;
- Copies of any relevant Certificates and Qualifications (if applicable).
Please note: You will need to provide your response to the Selection Criteria (SC) as part of your application. Please have your responses to the SC (outlined below) ready to go as you will not be able to "save" your application to complete at a later time.
Closing date: Wednesday, 21 April 2021 at 11:30 p.m.
Please scroll down to complete your application
What's on Offer?
Overview: An opportunity exists for a hardworking, motivated individual to fill the role of Workshop Supervisor in Alpha. The successful applicant will be responsible for supervising the operations of the workshop, planning and coordinating works to ensure that plant and equipment are running as scheduled, specifications are met, quality is carried out to the highest standard, and safe working practices are maintained. Please read the position description linked above for full details.
Location: This position is based in Alpha with Regional Work and Travel as required.
Classification Level: Level 5 of the Queensland Local Government Industry (Stream A) Award - State 2017 and Barcaldine Regional Council Certified Agreement 2018
Wage: $70,486 per annum + Superannuation (up to 12%) and relevant approved allowances
Payment of Wages: Council employees are paid fortnightly
Hours of work: 76 hours over 9 days with a rostered day off every fortnight
Leave: Five (5) weeks annual leave per annum + 17.5% loading. Fifteen (15) days Personal Leave (sick leave) per annum.
Equal Opportunity: Barcaldine Regional Council is an equal opportunity employer and all suitably qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Selection will be based on an Assessment of any Applicant's ability to demonstrate their successful past performance, or their perceived abilities to be able to successfully perform and deliver services, against the following: -
Demonstrated knowledge and recent experience in road construction and maintenance;
- Which of the following do you hold?
a. Diesel fitter or heavy equipment fitter trade qualification
b. Experience in lathe operations
c. Experience in gas and electric welding
d. Experience in Auto Electrics
e. Class C open licence
f. HR licence
g. Other tickets for operating plant and equipment
h. General Safety Induction Card
- Demonstrated ability to maintain and repair a wide variety of plant and equipment relevant to Council requirements;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team to meet objectives;
- Demonstrated ability to keep accurate records, to organise maintenance schedules, and to manage and order stock;
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a safe work environment and to promote safe work practices;
- Demonstrated high level of internal and external customer service with a sound level of written and oral communication;
- Demonstrated general understanding of Quality Assurance and Environmental procedures;
- Outline your previous supervisory experience relevant to supervising a workshop and any previous experience working in local government.
- Completion of a National Criminal History Check to Council’s satisfaction; and
- Completion of a Pre-employment Medical Examination to Council’s satisfaction
How To Apply?
- Have your Resume/CV with 2 work Referees ready to go.
- Have your answers to the SC above ready to go. (For tips on how to address Selection Criteria, please see “Information for Applicants” document on Council’s Employment Page).
- Fill out all questions below. Click 'Next'
- You will then be prompted to attach your Resume, Cover Letter and other documents (if applicable). Click 'Next'.
- Review your application to confirm everything is correct. Click 'Confirm' to submit your application.
PLEASE NOTE: ONCE YOU START YOUR ONLINE APPLICATION BELOW, YOU CANNOT SAVE AND RETURN TO IT LATER. YOU MUST USE YOUR OWN EMAIL ADDRESS, AND NOT ONE USED PREVIOUSLY BY ANOTHER PERSON THAT HAS APPLIED FOR A POSITION WITH COUNCIL.
For more information please contact Human Resources on 07 4651 5625 or email firstname.lastname@example.org