Community Compliance Officer
- Full time, permanent position
- Annual remuneration package of $79,733 - $91,971 plus Vehicle for “tool of trade” usage and on call allowance
About Baw Baw Shire Council
A Baw Baw Shire Council career goes beyond business as usual. You'll find exciting development pathways rich in opportunity. Our thriving and engaged culture-first workplace is built on the passion and talent of people who proudly deliver vital services and exciting projects to a community they care about.
Our organisation comprises of a multicultural workplace of around 400 full-time, part-time and casual employees, all benefiting from great flexibility, work/life sway, study support, health and well being initiatives and ongoing learning and development programs.
At Baw Baw Shire Council, we invite our people to tackle projects that keep them inspired. We encourage the exploration of new ideas. We support the enhancement of building on current skills and developing new ones.
Located adjacent to Melbourne, Baw Baw Shire is one of Victoria's fastest growing municipalities with freeway and V/Line access into Melbourne's CBD and suburbs. This allows easy access to training, seminars and conferences in the city, without diminishing the direct impact that comes from working within a close-knit rural community.
To learn more visit www.bawbawshire.vic.gov.au
About the Role
The Community Compliance team is excited to be heading in to 2022 with a renewed focus and passion for delivering our services and responsibilities to our developing community in a customer service focused manner. As a Community Compliance Officer, you will be responsible for enhancing the amenity and safety of our community through education and enforcement, including ensuring compliance with the various Acts, Regulations, Local Laws and policies appropriate to council’s regulatory functions.
Key responsibilities of this role include:
- Animal Management - Actively contribute to the promotion of responsible pet ownership, domestic animal impoundment, dog attack investigations
- Livestock Management – Respond to livestock not securely confined, as well as stock crossing and droving requests
- Traffic / Parking Control - Ensure increased road safety, equitable distribution of parking spaces and enhance the amenity and safety of our community by enforcing provisions of the Road Safety Act & Regulations, the Local Government Act, and other relevant Acts, Regulations and Local Laws.
- Community Compliance - Positively engage with members of the public to encourage voluntary compliance with Acts, Regulations and Local Laws
- This position is currently based in Drouin, however, work is undertaken across Baw Baw Shire. A current driver's licence is essential.
About the Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will be customer service focused and will help to educate and advise our community, to achieve an increased level of compliance with various Acts, Regulations, Local Laws and policies.
Does this sound like you:
- You have excellent communication skills
- You thrive in a team environment with a positive culture, where all team members proactively support each other
- You can handle a variety of animals – dogs, cats, cattle, horses, ponies, sheep, goats…even the odd pig!
- You can undertake after hours work through participation in the on call roster (excellent remuneration provided for being available and any call outs you attend to.
- You have experience in investigations, local laws and / or animal management, or transferable skills
- Yes??? Then what are you waiting for? See below on how to apply NOW!
Further Information and How To Apply
To apply, please review the position description and complete your application below including a current copy of your resume and a covering letter.
Applications close 5pm October 2022 and must be submitted through the application form below.
Baw Baw Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer and works in the interest of the safety of children and young people. Our recruitment processes reflect this commitment.