Road Infrastructure Engineer
• Permanent full-time position with monthly RDO
• Salary from $96,690 to $108,196 plus super
• Flexible workplace with high performing team culture
About Baw Baw Shire Council
A Baw Baw Shire Council career goes beyond business as usual. You'll find exciting development pathways rich in opportunity. Our thriving and engaged culture-first workplace is built on the passion and talent of people who proudly deliver vital services and exciting projects to a community they care about.
Our organisation comprises of a multicultural workplace of around 400 full-time, part-time and casual employees, all benefiting from great flexibility, work/life sway, study support, health and wellbeing initiatives and ongoing learning and development programs.
At Baw Baw Shire Council, we invite our people to tackle projects that keep them inspired. We encourage the exploration of new ideas. We support the enhancement of building on current skills and developing new ones.
Located adjacent to Melbourne, Baw Baw Shire is one of Victoria's fastest growing municipalities with freeway and V/Line access into Melbourne's CBD and suburbs. This allows easy access to training, seminars and conferences in the city, without diminishing the direct impact that comes from working within a close-knit rural community.
To learn more visit www.bawbawshire.vic.gov.au
About the Role
The Road Infrastructure Engineer is responsible for managing the provision of Council’s road related infrastructure services.
This role will require the successful candidate to undertake investigations and provide engineering technical advice to Council, internal service units and the community.
This role will also involve the management and planning of Council’s existing and future road related infrastructure assets, including roads, bridges, footpaths, and other relevant infrastructure to support the delivery of road related services.
Additionally, this role will involve the development and implementation of policy, strategy and plans to support the provision of Council’s road services functions and road related infrastructure assets.
About the Successful Candidate
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
• A tertiary qualification in civil engineering with several years’ relevant experience
• Experience in Local Government engineering.
• A current Victorian Driver’s Licence
• Well-developed communication and stakeholder management skills with the ability to gain cooperation and assistance from a variety of audiences.
• Ability to liaise with counterparts in other organisations to discuss and resolve specialist problems and ideas.
• Ability to prioritise workload and conflicting priorities within a busy environment.
• Proven customer service skills and teamwork.
• Demonstrated initiative and ability to analyse complex problems.
• Good computer skills.
Further Information and How To Apply
To apply, please review the position description and complete your application below including a current copy of your resume and a covering letter which addresses the Key Selection Criteria.
Applications close 5pm Sunday 19 September 2021 and must be submitted through the application form below.
Baw Baw Shire Council is an equal opportunity employer and works in the interest of the safety of children and young people. Our recruitment processes reflect this commitment.