2020 Business Administration Traineeship intake
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
Are you looking to start your career in business? An exciting opportunity is here for you!
These 12 month traineeships provide a combination of on the job work experience and attendance at TAFE completing a Certificate III in Business Administration or equivalent, which when combined gives you a competitive advantage for future professional roles.
We are looking for 9 people to join our various teams and work alongside professionals in their respective industries. We are offering positions in the following areas, click on the links below to find out more about each position.
- Blacktown City Information Centre
- Building and Engineering
- Civil Asset Maintenance
- Community Development
- Development Services Unit
- Events and Sister Cities
- Key Venues
- Open Space Maintenance
Who can apply
- Applicants must not hold a Certificate III or higher qualification awarded in the last 7 years
- Applicants who are motivated, enthusiastic and committed to providing a high standard of customer service
- Applicants who have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen or be eligible to work in Australia (evidence required)
- Applicants of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background are encouraged to apply.
How to apply
Blacktown City Council and 1300apprentice are partnering to conduct the initial recruitment process.
- Applications need to be submitted online through Council's online recruitment system
- The selection process requires chosen applicants for all positions to undertake an aptitude test and a medical examination.
If your application is successful in progressing through to the next recruitment stage, a representative from 1300apprentice will be in contact with you.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Remuneration and benefits
The salaries and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Blacktown City Council Enterprise Agreement.
- A salary range of $396.00 - $772.60 will be offered per week, based on age and level of schooling completed
- A 35 hour week, including the opportunity to participate in flextime arrangements
- One day per week attendance at TAFE
- Associated TAFE fees with this course will be paid for or reimbursed by Council
- Term contract, full-time - 12 months
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Best of luck.
Closing date: 16 August 2019
Contact Officer: 1300apprentice.com.au
INTERNAL REF: Blacktown Council - Business Administration Traineeship