Administration Officer - Library Operations
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
About the opportunity
Library Operations are seeking a dedicated and team-focused individual to provide administration and customer service support for the Max Webber Library Function Centre in this permanent, part-time role.
Do you have initiative and problem solving skills? Do you enjoy learning new tasks and procedures? If you are hard-working and are a confident computer user then we would like to hear from you.
You will provide a high level of customer service for customers of the Max Webber Library Function Centre, support the Library Promotions Coordinator in maintaining the Library’s social media and digital communications accounts which includes monitoring, responding and referring to the activity on the Library's social media account. You will also support library staff in adhering to Council’s procurement guidelines through processing of purchase orders, invoices, accounts, expenditure authorities and requisitions and operate equipment in accordance with work instructions.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum Higher School Certificate qualifications
- Relevant computer skills, including but not limited to MS Office
- Experience in cash handling and banking
- Relevant experience in accordance with requirements outlined in the position description
- Demonstrated strong commitment to customer service
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment and independently
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Demonstrated understanding of EEO and WHS principles with the demonstrated ability to work effectively with diverse client groups.
- Current class C driver’s licence
- Public library experience
- Experience using TechnologyOne or similar software
- Experience with web publishing
- Demonstrated ability to manage and maintain social media accounts.
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,029.00 - $1,152.50 (Grade 4) pro-rata per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 17.5 hour working week
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 9 August 2019
Contact Officer: Samantha Cadwallen on 9839 6601
INTERNAL REF: BCC1161 - Permanent, part-time