Tennis Instructor - Casual
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
At Blacktown City Council we are proud to be supporters of a wide, diverse community and strive towards building the best council in Australia, achieving this through initiatives such as becoming a White Ribbon accredited Council.
Key Venues consists of 10 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
This role is based at our impressive Blacktown Tennis Centre Stanhope facility which opened in 2016 and boasts 16 plexi-cushion courts. With coaching programming growing, we require more Tennis Instructors to deliver this to the community.
We are looking for passionate and enthusiastic tennis coaches to join the team at Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope as Casual Tennis Instructors. The role includes delivering group coaching lessons, management of competitions and instructing private lessons.
If you have coaching experience, and excellent communication skills then this is the role for you!
- Relevant coaching qualification and/or relevant experience
- Excellent oral communication
- Current Working With Children Check.
- Tennis Australia Junior Development Coaching qualification
- Current CPR Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Knowledge of applicable legislation/regulations
- Availability to work flexible working hours.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- An hourly rate applies at $25.7974 (Grade 3, Level 1) plus 25% casual loading and penalty rates for weekend shifts
- Trainee rates apply for applicants under 19 years of age
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 15 November 2019
Contact Officer: Elton Stoney on 9421 2600
INTERNAL REF: Casual