Customer Service Officer
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
Located in the heart of Greater Sydney, between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains, Blacktown is home to a widely diverse and proud community of more than 180 represented nationalities.
About the opportunity
- Permanent, full-time position
- Working within an award winning call centre
- Focus on customer service.
The Blacktown City Information Centre is at the forefront of Council's interface with its customers. In this role you will provide a high level of customer service to customers requiring information concerning Council's products and services.
We are looking for someone who is interested in joining a highly competent team who is focused on providing high quality support and service to its customers through meeting and exceeding their needs.
Council's hours of operation are 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, Monday to Friday and start and finish times will vary.
Qualifications and experience
- Appropriate work-related administrative qualifications, with preference for applicants who have completed a Certificate of Attainment in a related customer service course
- Demonstrated customer service experience in a high volume area
- Experience in computer applications.
- Previous experience in local government.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,153.50 - $1,292.00 (Grade 7) per week will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 22 November 2019
Contact Officer: Karen Marsh on 9839 6290
INTERNAL REF: BCC734