Business Improvement Implementation Officer - Term contract, 24 months
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
Located in the heart of Greater Sydney, between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains, Blacktown is home to a widely diverse and proud community of more than 180 represented nationalities.
About the opportunity
We are looking for a skilled business improvement professional to join a high-performing team working to support our organisation through service review and business process management.
Working across the organisation at all levels, you will drive capture and improvement of business processes and support managers and staff to implement recommendations from Council's industry-leading Better Practice Reviews program.
You will provide leadership and expert advice on business process management, and promote operational excellence and continuous improvement as a member of the Business improvement team.
Qualifications and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in business or related discipline
- High level practical experience in a business improvement role or project management
- High level practical experience in end-to-end business process improvement, including mapping processes and delivering results to maximise efficiencies
- Broad knowledge of local government functions and governance
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate, influence, challenge and build relationships at all levels with diverse stakeholders
- Strong computer skills and understanding of business information systems, process mapping software (such as Promapp, Visio) and business improvement tools and methodologies
- Experience in facilitating workshops and training or coaching with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent project management skills, including the ability to handle complex problems, prioritise and meet deadlines
- Current class C driver's licence.
- Process improvement or project management qualifications
- Change management certification
- Experience working with business analytics tools such as agile environment and lean frameworks.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,772.80 - $1,985.60 (Grade 16) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 15 November 2019
Contact Officer: Christine Del Duca on 9839 6372
INTERNAL REF: Term contract, full-time - 24 months