Project Officer Development Assessment
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
Located in the heart of Greater Sydney, between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains, Blacktown is home to a widely diverse and proud community of more than 180 represented nationalities.
About the opportunity
This is an exciting permanent, part-time position focused on the development and delivery of actions identified in Council’s Waste Management Strategy. It has a focus on undertaking assessments of planning applications to ensure we provide safe, efficient, cost effective resource recovery services and contributes positively to the built form and liveability of the community.
We are looking for an experienced professional to provide local places and spaces that are clean and healthy, and turn awareness and commitment into action to halt or reserve the effects, pressures and threats on the built and natural environment by working in collaboration with our community and other stakeholders.
If you are passionate about sustainability, then we'd love to hear from you!
Qualifications and experience
- Degree level qualifications in an environmental, educational discipline or equivalent
- Relevant local government experience
- Strong capacity or sound experience in the development of strategies, policies and programs related to environmental sustainability and/or waste management
- Proven project management skills, with a strong record of achievement in planning, coordinating, delivering and evaluating a broad range of programs and projects
- Demonstrated high level of oral and written communication skills, including the ability to deliver presentations, write correspondence, complex reports, grant applications and award submissions
- Computer literate with proficiency in the use of Microsoft products such as Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills
- Demonstrated commitment to, and an understanding of, WHS issues and EEO principles in the workplace
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Availability to work flexible working hours
- Current class C driver's licence.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,466.00 - $1,641.90 (Grade 12) pro-rata, per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 24.5 hour working week
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 15 November 2019
Contact Officer: Nicole Greenwood on 9839 6279
INTERNAL REF: BCC1805