Group Fitness Instructor - Casual
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
Located in the heart of Greater Sydney, between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains, Blacktown is home to a widely diverse and proud community of more than 180 represented nationalities.
About the opportunity
We are looking for a motivating, high energy and dynamic person to join the team at Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope and Blacktown Aquatic Centre as a Group Fitness Instructor.
Group Fitness Instructors are required to instruct a range of group fitness activities for a variety of target markets ensuring an enjoyable experience for all participants.
We are looking for experienced Group Fitness Instructors to teach a range of classes including, but not limited to Aqua classes or dry land based classes including Les Mills, yoga, stretch and pre & post natal instructors. If you have personality plus, love fitness and have experience in teaching group exercise then this is the role for you.
Key Venues consists of 10 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope was awarded the best in the “Fitness Services” category of the 2017 Blacktown Local Business Awards. The health and fitness centre includes cardio and strength equipment, aqua, cycle and fitness classes as well as a squash court. Blacktown Aquatic Centre offers aquatic and recreational facilities, as well as innovative programs to meet the needs of a fast growing and diverse community. The centre boasts an indoor and outdoor 50m heated pool, heated toddler pool, large outdoor grassed areas, skate ramps, café, health & fitness services including a gymnasium, fitness studio and crèche. Charlie Lowles Leisure Centre Emerton was awarded the 2017 A.H Pierce Award for Facility of the Year and boasts two multipurpose indoor courts as well as group fitness programming.
Qualifications and Experience
- Accredited Fitness Leader (Fitness Australia, Fitrec, Physical Activity Australia or equivalent)
- Current CPR Certificate
- Experience working both within a team environment and as a ‘self-starter’
- Experience of working with schools, corporate groups, sporting clubs and/or associations
- Current Working With Children Check.
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Accredited Group Fitness Instructor (eg. Step)
- Accredited Les Mills Instructor
- Accredited Aqua Instructor
- Accredited Boxercise Instructor
- Accredited Yoga Instructor
- Accredited Pilates Instructor.
Remuneration & Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- An hourly class rate of $50 applies to this position
- Non-teaching hours attract an hourly rate of $28.3474 (Grade 5, Level 1) plus 25% casual loading
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 29 November 2019
Contact Officer: Vanessa Wallace on 9421 2600
INTERNAL REF: Group Fitness Instructor - Casual