Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
Located in the heart of Greater Sydney, between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains, Blacktown is home to a widely diverse and proud community of more than 180 represented nationalities.
About the opportunity
We are looking for an experienced professional to work within our Business Technology department, providing high level administrative support to the team and our Chief Digital Officer.
You will be responsible for the preparation of correspondence and reports, ordering and purchasing procurement, responding promptly and efficiently to the Mayor, Councillors and members of senior management, as well as maintaining a high degree of discretion and confidentiality of information and tasks.
Qualifications and experience
- Tertiary qualifications in a related field
- Solid relevant work experience
- Highly computer literate
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Current class C driver's licence.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary of $1,153.50 - $1,292.00 per week (Grade 7) will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employee superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 22 November 2019
Contact Officer: Sonia Davis on 9839 6204
INTERNAL REF: BCC625