Land and Spatial Services Analyst
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
Located in the heart of Greater Sydney, between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains, Blacktown is home to a widely diverse and proud community of more than 180 represented nationalities.
About the opportunity
With rapid development occurring in Blacktown, our land and spatial services are critical business support tools for providing quality information across complex data sets and simplifying the delivery of service to customers. This analyst role will support the design, planning and delivery of projects essential for innovation and business process integrations across land information and spatial systems. Your analytical skills, GIS software experience and knowledge of local government property legislation and systems will be applied to problem solving and business needs to deliver quality solutions in this expert field.
You will facilitate the development of our GIS and Land Information Systems, integrate complex applications to align business systems, analyse and lead innovative solutions for service delivery and ensure that skills and knowledge is transferred to staff in the department and across the organisation. You need to be a motivated professional with excellent communication skills and experience in the design, development and implementation of solutions within a land and information technology space.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant qualification/s in information technology, GIS, spatial or surveying or relevant post graduate degree
- Extensive industry based experience working as a GIS or land and spatial analyst
- Extensive experience in the successful delivery of digital land and spatial services through the design, development and implementation of solutions
- Operational experience in land and spatial data, quality data capture and recordkeeping procedures
- Experience with the implementation and management of GIS and land systems
- Well developed and demonstrated data quality control procedures, critical thinking and analytical skills
- Experience with implementation, operation and use of an enterprise GIS system
- Demonstrated skills in writing and presenting clear and concise solutions and improvements
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective team player
- Current class C driver’s licence.
- Experience with the production and publication of maps
- An understanding of legislation and systems in New South Wales for land development and cadastre management including the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act New South Wales 1979, land titles and Geographical Names Board guidelines
- Knowledge of spatial data sets available in New South Wales.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,843.90 - $2,065.10 (Grade 17) per week will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 22 November 2019
Contact Officer: Win Min Swe on 9839 6176
INTERNAL REF: BCC1751