Administration Assistant - Casual
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
Located in the heart of Greater Sydney, between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains, Blacktown is home to a widely diverse and proud community of more than 180 represented nationalities.
About the opportunity
We are looking for appropriately qualified and motivated individuals who share a commitment and passion for animals to join the Animal Holding Facility as casual Administration Assistants.
The Animal Holding Facility provides a temporary home for stray, lost, and unwanted animals in between being re-united with their owners or finding new homes through the adoption process. This opportunity is available for motivated team players to join the AHF Customer Service team in striving towards finding forever homes for these animals. You will work in a busy customer facing environment and enhance Council’s image as a customer service provider.
Qualifications and experience
- A demonstrated high level of experience in handling and working with animals, particularly dogs
- Computer literate in basic office applications and the ability to quickly learn corporate applications
- A demonstrated high level of verbal and written communication skills
- Current class C driver's licence.
- Formal qualifications or a demonstrated high level of experience in an animal related field.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- An hourly rate of $29.4000 (Grade 4, Level 1) applies plus 25% casual loading
- Penalty rates for weekend work
- Casual working hours
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 22 November 2019
Contact Officer: Suzanne Hocking on 9839 6837
INTERNAL REF: Casual