Community Law Enforcement Officer (Parking - CBD)
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
Located in the heart of Greater Sydney, between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains, Blacktown is home to a widely diverse and proud community of more than 180 represented nationalities.
About the opportunity
Blacktown City Council has a busy community enforcement section, responsible for the education of the community and enforcement of breaches of various legislation.
An opportunity exists for an experienced individual to carry out parking enforcement within the Blacktown City Council central business district. You will be responsible for monitoring Council's car parking areas and using on the spot fines to those vehicles who fail to comply with restrictions. Specifically, this position will predominantly work within the Blacktown Central Business District, with particular emphasis on Colo Lane, Main Street, Kmart car park and Blacktown Library.
Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant Local Government experience in a similar capacity
- Current class C driver's licence.
- Certificate III in Local Government (Regulatory Services).
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,077.20 - $1,206.50 (Grade 5) per week will be offered depending upon qualifications and experience
- 76 hours per fortnight
- Rostered day off
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 22 November 2019
Contact Officer: Peter Seymour on 9839 6137
INTERNAL REF: BCC741