Communications and Marketing Assistant
Blacktown City Council is the second largest Council in New South Wales and a leader in the growth and development of the Western Sydney region. With a population of over 360,000 and a total of 48 residential suburbs, working in Blacktown City provides a wide portfolio of professional opportunities.
Located in the heart of Greater Sydney, between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains, Blacktown is home to a widely diverse and proud community of more than 180 represented nationalities.
About the opportunity
An opportunity exists to join the marketing team at one of Sydney's most dynamic and exciting councils.
The Communications and Marketing Assistant provides support across the entire Communications and Marketing team, working across the full range of marketing and promotional activity including internal communications, external and corporate communications, and digital and social media.
This is an outstanding opportunity for a young marketer to gain a wealth of experience working on some truly exciting projects as part of a passionate, talented team.
Qualifications and experience
- Certificate III in Business Administration, Media, Marketing, Public Relations or equivalent
- Available to work outside ordinary hours in order to support Mayoral and Council commitments and formal events as required
- Current class C driver's licence.
- Tertiary qualifications in Communications, Public Relations, Journalism or associated fields
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Availability to work flexible working hours including providing support to Council outside of ordinary hours.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,153.50 - $1,292.00 (Grade 7) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 22 November 2019
Contact Officer: David Powell on 9839 6271
INTERNAL REF: BCC1075