Previous applicants need not apply.
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 48 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest Council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the Western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 550,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing Councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
Council is seeking a highly motivated individual to work within a small team to service our public open space area in a professional and efficient manner. You will be required to operate large scale grass cutting equipment; undertake weeding, cleaning and litter collection of Council's public open space areas and assist with any beautification programs.
Qualifications and Experience
- Extensive experience in tractor operations and of large scale turf cutting maintenance
- Extensive experience in all facets of the maintenance of open space public recreational facilities, including sports fields, passive recreation facilities, roadside maintenance, public gardens etc
- Class C drivers licence.
- Class MR driver's licence
- WorkCover approved Front-end Loader accreditation
- WorkCover approved Back-hoe Operator accreditation
- RMS approved Traffic Controller Implementation Accreditation
- Relevant (qualifications) in a related field
- RMS approved Traffic Controller Accreditation
- Herbicide Application Accreditation.
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,008.20 - $1,129.10 (Grade 3) per week will be offered based on qualifications and experience
- 76 hour working fortnight
- Rostered Day Off (RDO) every fortnight
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements, 9.5% employer superannuation contribution, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Closing Date: 5 March 2021, 11:30 pm.
Contact Officer: Annette Camden on 9839 6353
INTERNAL REF: BCC338