Administration Officer (Mount Druitt Hub) - part time
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 612,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
Permanent, part-time position
The Mount Druitt Hub is one of our most vibrant and busy community facilities. It has a range of halls and meeting rooms available for hire with the purpose of lifelong learning, Recreation and Culture and Health and well-being.
An exciting opportunity exists for an appropriately experienced and qualified administrative assistant to join the Community team at the Mount Druitt Hub, Blacktown City Council.
We are seeking an organised, customer focused administration officer to support The Mount Druitt Hub and the Community Facilities team. You will be able to balance competing priorities from customers, your supervisor and other stakeholders in performing general administration and customer service roles.
Frequent tasks include:
- Reception and Hall bookings
- Team administration including meeting administration, purchasing, filing, etc.
- Support and contributions for strategic projects
Qualifications and experience
- TAFE Certificate of Attainment or equivalent relevant to this position
- Demonstrated sound work experience relevant to this position.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,058.30 - $1,185.30 (Grade 4) pro rata per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 21 hours per week (a span of hours between 8:30am - 4:30pm, Monday-Friday for a total of 3 days)
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 26 February 2021, 11.30pm
Contact Officer: William Pass on 9839 6520 or firstname.lastname@example.org
INTERNAL REF: BCC1788