Trainee Building Surveyor x 2
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 612,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
Council is seeking a motivated Trainee Building Surveyor with excellent customer service skills. You will provide effective and timely support to the regulatory, certification and competition functions of the Planning and Development Services Directorate of Council. The successful applicants will gain a broad range of experience relating to building development and associated environmental impacts, and assist Council administer its building control responsibilities. The successful applicants will also be required to successfully undertake relevant tertiary studies.
Qualifications and experience
- Eligible for enrolment, or currently enrolled, in a relevant university degree course
- Current Class C Driver's Licence.
- Commitment to customer service
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Availability to work flexible working hours.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive trainee salary range of $881.60 - $1,134.60 per week.
- A competitive salary will be negotiated with the preferred candidate based on qualifications and experience
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 26 February 2021, 11.30 pm
Contact Officer: Chris Gregory on 9839 6152
INTERNAL REF: BCC602 and BCC512