Supervisor Civil Operations
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 612,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
Council is seeking a highly experienced and motivated individual to join our Civil Asset Maintenance team.
Your position will require supervision of operational / trades / technical staff and or contractors and sub-contractors in our operational and capital projects. You will help formulate strategies to maintain Council's civil infrastructure at the highest service standards, and from time to time assist in the implementation of infrastructure improvement programs. This role involves maintaining Council assets such as roads and drainage, concrete works, signage, restoration works, investigations of customer requests and liaising with customers and the community.
You will be responsible for the supervision of day labour (operational works) and contract works to ensure delivery of works in accordance with specifications and within budget.
Qualifications and experience
- Trade qualification or Certificate IV in a related field
- Extensive experience in the application of skills in all aspects of the job
- Solid knowledge of application of skills in complex areas of the job
- Demonstrated experience leading a team of operational and/or other trades/technical staff
- Demonstrated communication skills when responding to staff
- Current class C driver’s licence.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,507.80 - $1,688.70 (Grade 12) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 38 hour working week
- Rostered Day Off (RDO) every fortnight
- Leaseback vehicle
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random tests, tests where there may be reasonable suspicion and / or post reportable incident testing for Council workers.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Closing Date: Friday 5 March 2021, 11.30 pm
Contact Officer: Edward Mishra on 0447 735 034
INTERNAL REF: BCC259