Learn to Swim Instructor
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 48 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest Council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the Western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 550,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing Councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
We are looking for enthusiastic individuals to join the team as a Casual Learn to Swim Instructor.
The role highlights are:
- You get to be in the pool
- You teach life skills
- Penalty rates apply for weekend work.
If you have an AUSTSWIM Certificate or Swim Australia Certificate and love working with children then this is the role for you!
About the opportunity
Key Venues consists of 11 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
The learn to swim program is held at 5 aquatic venues, Blacktown Aquatic Centre, Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope, Charlie Lowles Leisure Centre Emerton, Mount Druitt Swimming Centre and Riverstone Swimming Centre. Expressions of Interest are being sought for enthusiastic Learn to Swim Instructors to apply to the venue of their choice.
Learn to Swim Instructors will deliver professional and safe learn to swim classes to students enrolled into the swim school program.
Qualifications and Experience
- Austswim Certificate – Teacher of Swimming and Water Safety or Swim Australia Teacher or Royal Life Saving Swim Teacher certificate
- Current CPR Certificate
- Excellent oral communication
- Excellent customer service
- Current Working With Children Check.
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Pool Lifeguard Award
- Oxygen Equipment Certificate
- Coaching/teaching experience
- Current driver’s licence
- Knowledge of applicable legislation/regulations.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- An hourly rate of $26.5316 (Grade 3, Level 1) per hour plus 25% casual loading as well as penalty rates apply for weekend shifts
- Trainee rates apply for applicants under 19 years of age
- Casual working hours
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 23 July 2021, 11:30 pm.
Contact Officer: Jodie Holmes on 9421 2622
INTERNAL REF: Casual