Senior Coordinator Business Services and Finance
Previous applicants are not required to re-apply
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 612,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
Blacktown City Council owns and operates a childcare business, Kids’ Early Learning (KEL), with a portfolio of 26 child care centres and over 70 family day care educators.
The business is undergoing a successful transformation to a teamwork led, customer service focused child care service with the purpose of inspiring every child to care, share and learn from one another every day.
Kids’ Early Learning has approximately 300 full-time, part-time and casual staff and operates throughout the Blacktown local government area, serving over 1700 families and providing care and learning needs for their children.
We are currently seeking to fill the position of Senior Coordinator Business Services and Finance.
An exciting permanent opportunity, which is customer focused and is responsible for leading and coordinating KEL business services, to meet objectives of KEL in accordance with operational plan and budget.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant degree in business, management, administration or finance
- In-depth experience and success in people management, financial reporting and strategy delivery in a customer focused business environment
- Strong relationship management skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Current Class “C” driver’s licence.
- Post graduate qualifications in business, management or finance
- Knowledge of early childhood education and care applicable legislation/regulations
- High level of familiarity with website and mobile childcare management system software applications
- High level of familiarity with financial management and corporate information systems
- Demonstrated ability to think ahead and be able to provide a plan for the future
- Above average computer skills.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- A competitive salary will be negotiated with the preferred candidate based on qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Car allowance
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 11 June 2021, 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Robert Sullivan on 9839 6868
INTERNAL REF: BCC886