Coordinator Environmental Compliance Projects
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 612,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
An exciting term contract, full-time opportunity exists for a motivated and experienced Coordinator Environmental Compliance Projects, within Council's Environment section.
The successful applicant will:
- Implement and activate Council’s Stormwater Industrial Auditing Program to proactively ensure compliance with environmental regulations to improve stormwater
- Support and educate industrial businesses to:
- continually improve their environmental activities and work towards best practice
- better understand their environmental responsibilities rather than penalising them.
- Develop and participate in the implementation of Council’s Environmental Recognition Business Program.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree in Environmental Health
- Solid working experience in an environmental compliance or auditing
- Suitable experience in local government
- Current class C drivers licence
- Sound knowledge of and practical experience in the regulation of environmental pollution issues or industrial auditing
- Experience in the development of strategies and policies related to this field of work
- Recent experience in staff supervision with direct reports.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,823.30 - $2,042.20 (Grade 16) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 11 June 2021, 11.30 pm
Contact Officer: Barry Manor on email@example.com
INTERNAL REF: Term contract - 4 years