Library Technician - Community Learning
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 612,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
Blacktown City Libraries has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Library Technician to join the Community Learning team in the delivery of effective information services.
Reporting to the Community Learning Coordinator, the position will focus on providing current and accurate information to meet customer needs. You will be responsible for developing and delivering relevant library programs. You will work cooperatively within a team as a proficient user of current technologies, and be pro-active in the areas of customer service and innovation.
Qualifications and experience
- Library Technician Diploma, Associate Diploma or equivalent, as recognised by the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA)
- Previous library experience
- Demonstrated strong commitment to a customer focused service
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team environment and independently
- Well-developed problem solving skills
- Demonstrated high level digital literacy.
- Current class C driver’s licence
- First aid certification
- Ability to speak a community language.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,107.90 - $1,240.90 (Grade 5) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 25 June 2021, 11.30 pm
Contact Officer: Mary Ternes on 9839 6621
INTERNAL REF: BCC1137