Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 395,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 612,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
We have an exciting opportunity for a Business Analyst to join our Digital Services team.
Blacktown City Council is growing rapidly, and the use of technology is critical to our success. This role will be responsible for undertaking Business Analyst activities with stakeholders from all sections of Council to identify issues with digital solutions, gather requirements, document processes and input to the design and assessment of solutions.
This will include enhancements to existing systems such as TechnologyOne, as well as the implementation of new systems including a customer experience and a field worker management platform. Utilise your analyst knowledge and stakeholder management experience to help us improve our customer and employee experience with systems.
Qualifications and experience
- Degree qualifications in Computer Science, Information Technology or a related field
- In-depth experience in a Business Analyst role in a similar organisation
- Experience in writing and presenting clear and concise solutions, business rules and improvements to solve documented business and technology problems
- Class C Driver’s Licence.
- Business Analysis certification
- Project Management certification
- ITILv3 Foundation certification
- Experience with Office365, Customer Relationship Management (CRM) applications and Content Manager 9 records management system.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,750.30 - $1,960.40 (Grade 15) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 9.5% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 18 June 2021, 11:30 pm.
Contact Officer: Rosanna Maccarone on 9839 6449
INTERNAL REF: BCC1852