Development Services Engineer
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, halfway between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs and a population of 403,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 644,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
- Permanent, full-time position
We are looking for a motivated Development Engineer with experience and an understanding of development timelines and site works, particularly roads and drainage. Working with the largest growth Council in NSW you will be exposed to all facets of development engineering, helping deliver high-quality service to our major stakeholders and having a major role in new land subdivisions and quality community infrastructure within our expanding city.
Qualifications and experience
- Relevant Degree qualifications in a related field. e.g. Civil Engineering
- Extensive relevant experience
- Current Class 'C' driver’s licence
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Knowledge of applicable legislation/regulations.
- Working knowledge of the EP&A Act, Local Government Act and Roads Act
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills
- Computer literate
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,660.60 - $1,859.80 (Grade 14) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- A competitive salary will be negotiated with the preferred candidate based on qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Leaseback vehicle
- Opportunity to participate in Council's flextime arrangement
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 10.00% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
We are a child-safe organisation that supports and promotes the safety, wellbeing and empowerment of children.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: 17 September 2021, 11.30 pm
Contact Officer: Sue Hickman on 9839 6266
INTERNAL REF: BCC1598