Child Care Director x 2
Previous applicants need not apply
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 403,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest Council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the Western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 644,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing Councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
About the opportunity
Blacktown City Council owns and operates a childcare business, Kids’ Early Learning, with a portfolio of 26 child care centres and over 70 family day care educators.
Kids’ Early Learning has approximately 300 full-time, part-time and casual staff and operates throughout the Blacktown local government area, serving over 1700 families and providing care and learning needs for their children.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Blacktown City Council as a Child Care Director. In this role you will be responsible for the day-to-day management and organisation of the Council's Child Care Centre including the provision of a high quality programme of care and education for the children. You will also look after the supervision and development of the centre educators and workers and for maintaining the effective function of the service.
We are currently seeking to fill 2 positions:
- 1 x permanent, full-time position 35 hours
- 1 x temporary, full-time 35 hours for up to 10 months.
Qualifications and experience
- Recognised University Degree or Diploma in Early Childhood Education (3 or 4 Year Qualification)
- Completion of Child Protection Course - Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk of Harm
- Meet all requirements for Authorised/Nominated Supervisor as listed in the Education and Care Services National Law and Education and Care Services National Regulations 2018
- First Aid Certificate
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management Training, which meets requirements of the ECS National Regulations 2018
- Minimum experience of 2 years in a child care field as Authorised/Nominated Supervisor
- Working With Children Check Number
- Clearance of National Police Check.
- Current Class C Driver’s Licence
- Knowledge of applicable legislation/regulations.
Remunerations and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary will be negotiated with the preferred candidate based on qualifications and experience
- 35 hour working week
- Rostered Day Off (RDO) every fortnight
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 10.00% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Our Commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
We are a child safe organisation that supports and promotes the safety, wellbeing and empowerment of children.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 17 September 2021, 11.30 pm
Contact Officer: Rebecca Cooper on 9839 6868
INTERNAL REF: BCC898 and BCC1013