Park Worker x 7
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 403,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 644,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
Council has a rapidly expanding Open Space Maintenance section with numerous recreational facilities, with the growth of the North West Growth Sector. We are looking for highly motivated individuals to work within small teams to maintain Council's parks and reserves in accordance with service level requirements and schedules. You will be responsible for the mowing, weeding, cleaning and litter collection of Council's parks and reserves, and other public open space areas.
Qualifications and experience
- Extensive experience in maintenance of Open Space areas including parks and reserves, nature strips, sports fields, etc
- Class C driver’s licence.
- Class MR driver’s licence
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Ability to work within a team environment
- Approved Traffic Control Accreditation
- Availability to work rostered overtime as required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,028.40 - $1,151.70 (Grade 3) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 38 hour working week
- Rostered Day Off (RDO) every fortnight
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 10.00% employer superannuation contribution payable to the Local Government Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
We are a child safe organisation that supports and promotes the safety, wellbeing and empowerment of children.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 24 September 2021, 11.30 pm
Contact Officer: Emily Hubble on 9839 5118
INTERNAL REF: BCC1572; BCC1665; BCC1704; BCC331; BCC406; BCC439; BCC452