Early Childhood Teacher - Casual
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 403,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest Council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the Western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 644,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing Councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
Blacktown City Council owns and operates a childcare business, Kids’ Early Learning, with a portfolio of 26 child care centres and over 70 family day care educators.
Kids’ Early Learning has approximately 300 full-time, part-time and casual staff and operates throughout the Blacktown local government area, serving over 1700 families and providing care and learning needs for their children.
We are seeking to fill a number of casual Early Childhood Teacher positions, to assist in the development and implementation of our care and education programmes across our Kids' Early Learning centres, in consultation with the Centre Director and other workers.
Qualifications and Experience
- Recognised three or four year University Degree in Early Childhood Education that meets requirements under the ECS National Regulations 2018
- Completion of Child Protection Course - Identify and Respond to Children and Young People at Risk of Harm
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Anaphylaxis and Asthma Management Training, which meets requirements of the Education and Care Services National Law 2010 and Education and Care Services National Regulation 2018
- Current Working with Children Check number
- Current NESA accreditation.
- Previous teaching experience, particularly in a long day care setting, would be an advantage
- Current class C driver's licence
- Knowledge of applicable legislation/regulations
- Computer literate
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service.
Remuneration and Benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- An hourly rate of $38.3686 - $39.7886 (Grade 9 or 10) plus 25% casual loading will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 10% employer superannuation contribution payable to Active Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Our Commitment to Safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
Please note being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a requirement prior to commencement and throughout ongoing employment with Blacktown City Council.
We are a child safe organisation that supports and promotes the safety, wellbeing and empowerment of children.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 27 May 2022, 11.30pm
Contact Officer: Courtney Tancred on 9839 6440
INTERNAL REF: Casual