Aquatics Supervisor - Riverstone Swimming Centre
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, half-way between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 403,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 644,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
Key Venues consists of 11 of Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are team work, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
Riverstone Swimming Centre is situated in the heart of Riverstone. The centre captures the essence of rest and relaxation whilst providing high quality programs and services. Our Centre includes outdoor aquatic facilities including a 7 lane outdoor 50m pool, 20 metre outdoor pool, toddlers pool, outdoor picnic and play areas.
The Aquatic Supervisor will work with the duty management and aquatics teams to ensure the effective and efficient day to day operations of the centre, and ensure the experience for all visitors to Riverstone Swimming Centre regardless of the activity they choose is a safe and enjoyable experience.
The successful candidate will need experience with plant and contractor management, staff management, budget compliance and knowledge on aquatic industry guidelines including Work Health and Safety.
We are looking for a motivated and passionate individual to join our team at Riverstone Swimming Centre on a permanent, full-time basis.
The responsibilities include:
• Managing the day to day operations of the centre
• Leading a team of casual staff
• Organisation of daily resources.
If you have a passion for the aquatics and leisure industry, great customer service, time management and great organisational skills, then this is the role for you!
Qualifications and experience
• Statement of Attainment in Aquatics Operation or Supervision
• Current Pool Lifeguard Certificate/Licence
• Current First Aid Certificate
• Oxygen Equipment Certificate
• Pool supervision experience
• Communication and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrable knowledge of WHS, Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Anti-Discrimination Laws
• Current Working With Children Check (WWCC).
• Appropriate qualifications
• Knowledge of applicable legislation/regulations
• Computer literate
• Demonstrated commitment to customer service
• Ability to work within a team environment
• Availability to work flexible working hours.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- A competitive salary range of $1,392.60 - $1,559.80 (Grade 10) per week will be offered based on skills, qualifications and experience
- 38 hour working week
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 10% employer superannuation contribution payable to Active Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
Please note being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a requirement prior to commencement and throughout ongoing employment with Blacktown City Council.
We are a child safe organisation that supports and promotes the safety, wellbeing and empowerment of children.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging-out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 25 February 2022, 11.30 pm
Contact Officer: Lachlan Lawless on 8869 9000
INTERNAL REF: BCC1224