Activity Officer (Duty Manager) - Casual
Blacktown is a vibrant city located in the very heart of Greater Sydney, halfway between Sydney City and the Blue Mountains. It is a city of ambition and excitement. With a total of 54 residential suburbs, and population of 403,000 coming from more than 180 different birthplaces, Blacktown City is one of the most diverse communities in Australia.
Working in Blacktown City provides a wealth of professional opportunities. Blacktown City Council is the largest council in New South Wales, 4th largest in Australia and a leader in the development of the western Sydney region. With almost unmatched growth expected over the next 25 years, we are on an exciting journey of transformation to prepare for a population of more than 644,000. There has never been a more exciting time to join one of Sydney’s most dynamic and high-performing councils as we continue to deliver outstanding levels of service for our proud and diverse community and prepare our great city for the future.
Blacktown City Council strives to be an inclusive workplace for all people. We welcome and encourage applications from all ages and genders, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, people from culturally diverse backgrounds, the LGBTIQ+ community, veterans and people with disabilities.
About the opportunity
Key Venues consists of 11 of the Council’s premier sport and leisure facilities. We deliver first-class activity and program choice, we promote Blacktown City as the leader in sport, recreation and leisure and we give every visitor and customer a safe and memorable experience. Our values are teamwork, customer focus, innovation and commitment to safety.
We are looking for motivated and experienced individuals to join the Key Venues team as Casual Activity Officer’s (Duty Manager) for our aquatic and leisure centres at:
- Blacktown Aquatic Centre
- Blacktown Leisure Centre Stanhope
- Charlie Lowles Leisure Centre Emerton
- Mount Druitt Swimming Centre (Seasonal)
- Riverstone Swimming Centre (Seasonal).
The role includes:
- Covering full-time Activity Officer Staff if they are on leave
- Filling any vacant Activity Officer shifts
- Managing the day to day operations of a venue
- Leading a team.
If you have a Pool Lifeguard Certificate, aquatic and leisure industry experience as well as great time management and leadership skills then this is the role for you!
To ensure the centre is managed in line with industry best practice and high levels of service and customer satisfaction. Activities Officers are responsible for ensuring the effective day-to-day operation of the Centre through the best possible use of available resources and adherence to policy and procedures.
Qualifications and experience
- Current Pool Lifeguard Certificate
- Current First Aid Certificate
- Current CPR Certificate and Oxygen Equipment
- Experience in a similar environment
- Current Class C Driver's Licence
- Current Working With Children Check.
- TAFE Certificate of Attainment (Pool Operations)
- Experience in managing time effectively
- Knowledge of applicable legislation/regulations Activity Officer (Duty Manager)
- Experience and knowledge of the operation and aquatic plant and equipment and other resources associated with the provision of recreation facilities, programmes and events
- Demonstrated commitment to customer service
- Experience in the shift coordination of an aquatic/leisure centre
- Experience in working within a team environment and as a ‘self-starter’
- Computer literate.
Remuneration and benefits
The salary and conditions of employment are in accordance with Blacktown City Council’s Enterprise Agreement.
- Entry level for this position starts at $31.8447 per hour plus 25% casual loading
- Penalty rates apply for weekend shifts
- Trainee rates apply for applicants under 19 years of age
- Casual working hours
- Employee benefits such as leave entitlements (where applicable), 10% employer superannuation contribution payable to Active Superannuation Scheme, Fitness Passport and gym membership discounts, and social clubs.
This position has been identified as child-related work, in accordance with the Child Protection (Working with Children) Regulation 2013. Therefore, your application must include a Working with Children Check (WWCC) number. For further information, go to www.newcheck.kids.nsw.gov.au.
Our commitment to safety
Blacktown City Council is committed to safety. We have introduced alcohol and other drug testing at the pre-employment phase, and via a series of random and cause testing.
Please note being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 is a requirement prior to commencement and throughout ongoing employment with Blacktown City Council.
We are a child-safe organisation that supports and promotes the safety, wellbeing and empowerment of children.
Click here to view or download the position description.
APPLY NOW USING OUR FAST, EASY TO USE ONLINE APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Have your resume and any other relevant documentation ready to attach.
- Have a personal email address ready to use and complete your application without 'logging out' of the system.
- Review the questions and decide on your responses before commencing your application.
Best of luck.
Closing Date: Friday 4 March 2022, 11.30 pm
Contact Officer: Lachlan Lawless on 8869 9000
INTERNAL REF: Casual