Melbourne or Hobart
Established in 1975, Bicycle Network has been passionately and tirelessly supporting, educating and standing up for people who ride bikes. Our presence extends through every Australian state and territory through our events, advocacy, or behaviour change programs – Ride2School or Ride2Work.
Today, we are Australia’s biggest bike riding organisation, with more than 50,000 members.
Work with us
We are determined to change the world, and our job isn’t an easy one. It takes a willingness to embrace uncertainty and tackle new challenges with enthusiasm.
Our people tell us that our values are one of the biggest benefits of working with Bicycle Network. They are:
- Committed: we’re not afraid to take on something huge. We don’t let the size of the task or the doubters get us down.
- Honest: we don’t waste time on BS. We want to get on with it, so we’re honest with ourselves and others. But we’re not rude about it.
- Inclusive: we make you feel welcome. There’s no need to prove you’re good enough. It’s ok if you don’t wear lycra and ok if you do – even if it’s white.
- Progressive: we’re always trying to improve. We know that what got the job done yesterday won’t today. So we’re constantly innovating.
Benefits on offer
When you join our team, you will have access to fantastic benefits, such as:
- Heaps of annual leave: we offer six weeks of annual leave and free international travel insurance for you and your family.
- Paid parental leave: we offer eight weeks of paid leave for all new parents.
- Helping you ride: our office has next level end-of-trip facilities, salary packaging for bikes and a program to help celebrate every time you ride, walk or run to work;
- Learning and Development: we have dedicated personal development time each month and regular in-house training sessions for the whole team;
- Making an impact: there are a few days each year where we ask everyone to get outside of the office and help out;
- Social events: we huddle together every month to play games, welcome newcomers and celebrate work anniversaries and team achievements;
- Access to Headspace and Employee Assistance Program;
- Bicycle Network Membership PLUS Jersey/Ride Tee;
- Annual careers coaching and development plan;
- 10% members and friends discount on events (some exclusions apply);
- Hire Car Discount;
- Fleet bikes for team members to use; and
- Bike packaging (salary packaging but for bikes).
Interested in joining our team?
We’ll always post current opportunities on our website, but if you're too keen to wait, send us your details, and we'll let you know when something suitable pops up!
We love learning about potential new team members, so please respond to the questions below and provide your:
- Cover Letter
To thrive in our organisation, you will be a team player who is adaptable and genuinely wants to make the world a better place. You don’t have to ride a bike but believing in an active future is a must for us!
Bicycle Network is committed to ensuring our team represents the diversity of our community. Women, indigenous people, people with a disability, young people, gender diverse people and people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
If you're keen to make your mark on building more liveable and healthier communities, apply today!