Landfill Attendant - Leading Hand (Childers)
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community.
In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a council that is customer focused, respectful and prides itself on constant team work, leadership, sustainability and innovation. We’re an all-inclusive council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About The Role
As a Landfill Attendant - Leading Hand your focus is to assist the Manager of Waste and Recycling Services in the efficient operation of Bundaberg Regional Council’s Waste Management Facilities.
Employment Status: Permanent Part Time
Remuneration: $56,367 pro rata
We are looking for people who:
- Have experience in the operation of waste management facilities
- Have a certificate in Asset Maintenance (Waste Management) is desirable
- Through demonstrated experience, can successful lead a team and improve customer standards
- Are in possession of a current heavy rigid truck licence and Forklift competencies are desirable
- Have POS experience and confidence with cash handling
- With strong interpersonal skills, can effectively communicate to all stakeholders both written and verbal and including the ability to build team morale
- Can work on a rotating roster (including weekends and public holidays)
- Live and uphold the Council's values
In return for your hard work and enthusiasm Bundaberg Regional Council offer some amazing benefits including:
- Up to 12% superannuation contributions
- A great work environment
- Job satisfaction working within the community
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Fantastic work-life balance
Applications Close: Monday 11th November 2019 AEST
To Apply: Please answer the below questionnaire followed by attaching your Resume.
Bundaberg Regional Council prides itself as an equal opportunity employer and embraces the diversity that our teams bring so if this sounds like the position for you, don’t delay- apply now!