Leading Hand – Truck Operator
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community.
In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a council that is customer focused, respectful and prides itself on constant team work, leadership, sustainability and innovation. We’re an all-inclusive council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About The Role
As a Leading Hand - Truck Operator (Patching Truck) your focus is to be part of a multi-disciplined team that is capable of performing a wide range of maintenance, repair and construction activities within the Civil Works section. This role also assists the supervisor in carrying out their duties, including leading small teams to deliver maintenance activities, minor works or specific tasks and completion of task/project documentation.
Employment Status: Permanent Full-Time
We are looking for someone who:
- Has an unrestricted Class C Drivers Licence. A Class MR Drivers Licence and experience in operation of a Rigid Motor Vehicle up to 15 tonnes GVM
- Has demonstrated experience in roads and drainage construction and maintenance at a trade equivalent standard
- With strong interpersonal skills, can effectively communicate to all stakeholders both written and verbal and including the ability to build team morale
- Is safety conscious with sound knowledge of operating a patching truck
- Live and uphold the Council's values
In return for your hard work and enthusiasm Bundaberg Regional Council offer some amazing benefits including:
- A rostered day off
- Up to 12% superannuation contributions
- A great work environment
- Job satisfaction working within the community
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Fantastic work-life balance
Applications Close: Tuesday 12th November 2019 AEST
To Apply: Please answer the below questionnaire followed by attaching your Resume.
Bundaberg Regional Council prides itself as an equal opportunity employer and embraces the diversity that our teams bring so if this sounds like the position for you, don’t delay- apply now!