Water Treatment Trainee
$32,755 per annum + super + benefits
Temporary Full Time (2 years)
Water Services Branch, Infrastructure Services
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a Council that is customer focused, respectful and prides itself on team work, leadership, sustainability and innovation. We’re an all-inclusive Council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About the Opportunity
We believe in investing in the local community and have supported many young locals launch their careers through our traineeship offering. As a Water Treatment Trainee, you will learn and develop knowledge and skills to work in water industry treatment.
During this two-year traineeship, you will obtain practical skills and knowledge needed to monitor, operate and control treatment processes and develop a range of transferable knowledge and skills in workplace health and safety, risk management and customer service. In addition to this, you will be exposed to a two-year learning module to successfully attain a Certificate III Water Industry Treatment, building a strong foundation for your future career within the water industry.
- Enthusiastic learner, willing to complete Certificate III Water Industry Treatment, with a genuine interest in Water Industry Treatment and Service Delivery
- Sound literacy and numeracy skills to effectively manage your training and work requirements
- Basic computer literacy, with a strong work ethic including punctuality
- Can work independently or in a team in a professional and positive manner
- Hold a current C class drivers licence
- Successful completion of Year 12 school certificate (Business Information Systems, word processing and similar subjects) will be highly regarded
- Live and uphold the Council's values
What we offer
- A competitive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- 38 hour working week, nine day fortnight, including long weekends
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
The Selection Process
The preferred candidate will be required to undertake a National Police Clearance and Pre-employment medicals (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
To apply or find out more about the Position Description and our Benefits, Rewards and Recognition visit our Careers with Council webpage.
Applications Close: 11:30pm, Thursday 25 March 2021 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.