Leading Hand Landfill Plant Operator
$59,556 per annum + super + benefits
Permanent Full Time
Waste & Recycling Services Branch
Community & Environment
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a Council that is customer focused, respectful and prides itself on team work, leadership, sustainability and innovation. We’re an all-inclusive Council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About the Opportunity
Your role as a Leading Hand Landfill Plant Operator is to assist Waste and Recycling Services in the efficient operation of Bundaberg Regional Council's Waste Management Facilities, with a particular focus on the operation of the landfill plant and daily landfill management.
- You hold a current HC Licence and Current Construction Induction (White/Blue Card)
- You possess a 'LL' front end loader ticket and 'LZ' bulldozer ticket, accompanied with substantial operating experience
- Previous experience in the operation of a waste management facility or a similar field or the ability to rapidly acquire such knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written with a variety of internal and external parties
- The ability to work within a team environment to ensure that outcomes are achieved
- Certificate in Asset Maintenance (Waste Management) and/or plant operator ticket in the use of an excavator and forklift would be highly regarded
- Live and uphold the Council's values, show initiative, be adaptable to change and demonstrate a 'can do' attitude towards work
What we offer
- A competitive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, up to 12% Superannuation contributions, 17.5% leave loading
- 38 hour working week, nine-day fortnight, including long weekends
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
The Selection Process
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check and Pre-employment medicals (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 11:30pm Thursday 22 April 2021 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.