Cultural Development Officer
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community.
In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a council that is customer focused, respectful and prides itself on constant team work, leadership, sustainability and innovation. We’re an all-inclusive council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About The Role
As a Cultural Development Officer your focus will be to work collaboratively between Council and the community to achieve the objectives of the Corporate Plan, Indigenous Land Use Agreement (ILUA), the Arts & Culture Strategy and other Council strategies and plans. The role is a key adviser engaging with internal and external stakeholders to bring about greater acknowledgment and support of Traditional Owners and First Nations communities and cultures in the region.
Employment Status: Permanent Full Time
We are looking for someone who:
- Has strong connections with, and knowledge of, Traditional Owner and First Nations communities and groups
- Demonstrated experience working in a community facilitation or development role in First Nations, arts or community development areas
- Currently holds a Working with Children Blue Card
- Has the flexibility to attend and actively participate in community events that maybe held in the evenings, weekends and occasional public holiday
- Live and uphold the Council's values
In return for your hard work and enthusiasm Bundaberg Regional Council offer some amazing benefits including:
- A rostered day off
- Up to 12% superannuation contributions
- A great work environment
- Job satisfaction working within the community
- Competitive remuneration packages
- Fantastic work-life balance
Applications Close: Thursday 8th August 2019 AEST
To Apply: Please answer the below questionnaire followed by attaching your Resume detailing your work history.
Bundaberg Regional Council prides itself as an equal opportunity employer and embraces the diversity that our teams bring so if this sounds like the position for you, don’t delay- apply now!