Supervisor (Civil Works)
$74,708 per annum + super + benefits
Bundaberg Region (Gin Gin)
Are you ready to join our team and build Australia's best regional community?
Here at Bundaberg Regional Council, our vision is bold but simple, to build Australia’s best regional community. In order to achieve this, we’ve created a culture that’s centred on our core values. To be a Council that is customer-focused, respectful and prides itself on teamwork, diversity, sustainability, and innovation. We're an all-inclusive Council that celebrates diversity and communicates in an open and respectful manner.
About The Opportunity
As a Supervisor, the focus of this position is to plan, coordinate and control advanced and diverse construction projects and maintenance activities as appropriate which are undertaken by the Civil Works group in a manner than promotes good customer service.
- Significant roads and drainage construction and maintenance experience within Local Government or a similar work environment
- Demonstrated experience supervising the delivery of advanced or diverse civil construction projects or maintenance activities within time, cost and quality constraints
- Demonstrated significant experience as a team leader with the ability to motivate and encourage staff
- Well-developed interpersonal and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively with a variety of internal and external parties
- Demonstrated sound knowledge in the application of Council work practices, policies, procedures and guidelines, including Work Health and Safety, Environmental Management and Traffic Control
- Appropriate licences and certificates in relation to road and drainage construction plant and equipment
- An unrestricted Class C Drivers Licence
- Project Management experience and certificate level qualifications (desirable)
- Strong understanding of minor and major plant machinery (desirable)
- Live and uphold the Council's values
What We Offer
- An attractive remuneration salary with options for salary sacrifice, 17.5% leave loading
- Regular rostered days off, including regular long weekends
- Opportunities for professional development training and study assistance to enhance your career progression
- Work within a culture that promotes a healthy work-life balance and a friendly and supported team
- An all-inclusive and diverse workplace culture where everyone feels valued
The Selection Process
We celebrate our community's rich diversity and are committed to attracting and employing people that represent the community that we serve. We recognise and appreciate the diversity of our employees and are committed to creating an inclusive and safe working environment where all employees are valued, respected and supported to achieve their potential. We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and encourage people of all backgrounds to apply.
The preferred candidate will be required to undergo a National Police Check and Pre-employment medicals (which may include drug and alcohol testing), as part of the recruitment process; and will be required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide the appropriate evidence.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 11.30 pm, Tuesday 16 August 2022 AEST
Thank you for your interest in this position. We look forward to receiving your application.